Mental Health First Aid for Mechanchos
- Approximately 1.5 hours of independent work prior to the course.
- A 3 hour live, interactive webinar on Sunday, October 17 – י”א חשון at 7-10PM EST.
- A 3 hour live, interactive webinar on Wednesday, October 20 – י”ד חשון at 7-10PM EST.
- A 5-10 minute online assessment after the course.
Please note: Due to the sensitive nature of the course materials, there will be no recordings. Please sign up only if you can attend live (online) at the times specified.
- The subsidized cost of joining this course is just $18 per person.
- Upon completing the course, participants receive mental health first aid certification, valid for three years.
- Participants will be mailed a youth mental health manual for continued reference after the course.
- Class size is limited so sign up today!
- Registration will close either when the class fills up, or one week before the course.
Mrs. Gittel Francis, LMSW, grew up in Crown Heights, Brooklyn and currently lives in Houston, Texas with her husband and children where they serve as Chabad Shluchim. Gittel is a member of the Behavioral Mental Health Service team at Jewish Family Service in Houston and manages the Mental Health First Aid program. She holds the title of national instructor in Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid. In her role as community outreach social worker, Gittel provides trainings and lectures on a range of topics to increase mental health literacy. Gittel is a member of the clinical advisory board of the JLI teen suicide prevention program. She can be reached via email at [email protected]