Early Childhood Center Director:
How we learn At the Gan we believe in an experiential and intentional approach to teaching and learning. This approach fosters children’s intellectual development as they are encouraged to explore their environment and express themselves through words, movement, drawing, painting, playing and other natural modes of expression. We promote an environment where children can develop critical thinking and problem solving skills necessary for a successful and meaningful life.
- Oversee staff: Ensure that staff follow the Preschool’s rules and procedures. Manage staffing schedules. Find substitute staff members when necessary. Ensure office of child care staff requirements (background checks, CPR etc.) are kept current.
- Manage facilities: Ensure that the facility is secure, orderly, well stocked, safe and in compliance with all the rules of Office of Child Care. Ensure appropriate staff are present from the day’s opening through closing.
- Parent communication: Be first point of communication between parents and school.
- Ensure compliance: Ensure the preschool is being operated in compliance with the rules of Office of Child Care. Maintain all required records of attendance, medicine distribution etc.
- Manage front office: Manage incoming calls, mail, emails, site visitors and respond as needed.
- A degree in education or 5 years equivalent experience
- At least one year of training and/or experience in management and supervision of adults.
- Have knowledge of child development for the primary ages served in the center, as evidenced by a combination of professional references, education, experience or training.
- Attain a Step 9 or above in the Oregon Registry
- Previous experience in a position with similar responsibilities
Required Certification within the first 60 days:
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Food Handler’s Certification
- Enrollment in Oregon Criminal History Registry (first 30 days of employment)
- FBI fingerprinting (first 30 days of employment)
- Certificate of completion of Recognising and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Class
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
Benefits: Employee discount, Paid time off, Professional development assistance
Schedule: 8 hour shift Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Portland, OR 97239: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Education: Master’s (Required)
Experience: Early childhood education: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org